- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews, and do back-end reviews fully independent.
- Handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key applications in the following areas: Analytic Dashboard & Reporting, client facing applications, proof of concept prototypes, Dropwizard Microservices
- Work with the following current stacks: REST micro services architecture, API stacks, SQL, JS, React, MongoDB, ideally also Angular, Flutter and Firebase (for our clients integration)
- Work closely with the founders, as well as product and design teams to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the customer experience.
- Manage and communicate work responsibilities to subordinates
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
- Design and implement scalable web services (APIs).
- Work with SQL and NoSQL DB systems
- Develop and maintain various internal tools that manage the forecasting, customer service, and marketing workflows.
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Data manipulation and scripting with Python/MongoDB/SQL
- Experience working on technical side projects or made open source contributions
- Fintech domain experience and expertise, startup leadership position a huge plus
- Experience with Software Development Frameworks (UP/RUP) and Continuous Integration
- 5+ years full stack engineering experience in a production environment
- Expertise in Design patterns, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests)
- Deployed customer-facing software into a Production Environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field), postgraduate degree is seen as a big plus.